Financial Aide Suspension Appeal Letter

What is the fafsa? When should I apply for financial aid?

Moderator: Financial Aid Guru

Financial Aide Suspension Appeal Letter

Postby Luv2bme1590 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:36 am

I was just looking for some help with my letter it is very important i get my financial aide back as it affects my future

Dear Office of Financial Aid,

My name is A------ P------ and I am writing to appeal my suspension from financial aid. On September 13, 2008, my best friend committed suicide. After this happened I completely fell apart. I could not do anything. I was terrified to be alone, I was scared of the dark, and I kept having panic attacks. I also missed two weeks of classes. The first week I just could not manage to make myself go. Then I flew up to New York for a week, even though the funeral service was private, because I really wanted to be with the rest of my friends. After missing so much class, I tried to come back and catch up but it was too difficult under the circumstances. So rather than let my GPA suffer I decided to withdraw from my classes. Ever since my friend passed away, I have been trying to put my life back together. Moving forward, knowing that he never will, has been the most difficult thing I have ever had to deal with. I lost sight of my dreams, and now im finally seeing clear again. I only have a handful of classes left until I receive my Associate of Arts degree because I did dual-enrollment. After I have finished with my AA degree, I plan to go to the Art Institute in Ft. Lauderdale for graphic design.

This upcoming semester I am confidant that I will be successful. I am moving in with my parents so that I can spend less time working and more time studying. I am also going to organize study time at the library so I will not be distracted. With all sincerity I'm asking that I am given another opportunity and I am not denied financial assistance. I will not be able to finish school without the help of financial aid. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,
A------ P-------
Luv2bme1590
New

Re: Financial Aide Suspension Appeal Letter

Postby financialaidpodcast » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:31 am

The letter is fine, but you'll need some documentation to go along with it. If you sought professional guidance for your panic attacks, provide that documentation. Consider any kind of financial aid appeal like a court case where you have to prove with a paper trail any request being asked for.

Christopher S. Penn
Producer, the Financial Aid Podcast
Free financial aid internet radio, no iPod required
http://www.FinancialAidPodcast.com
financialaidpodcast
Graduate Student of Financial Aid

Return to FAFSA