Proofreading help! SAP Appeal Letter.

What is the fafsa? When should I apply for financial aid?

Moderator: Financial Aid Guru

Proofreading help! SAP Appeal Letter.

Postby Ambitious » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:10 am

Dear Financial Aid Committee:
My name is _______ ______ and I am writing this appeal letter in hope that you will reconsider your decision and grant my financial aid. I would like to begin thanking you in advance for taking the time to read this letter and consider my request to reinstate my financial aid at AMU. I apologize for the lack of attention to my courses in the previous semester of 2011, and I do not blame anyone but myself, however, I would like to explain the circumstances.

At the beginning of this year I gave birth to a beautiful daughter. In May my mother was hospitalized after having her second heart attack in her short 55 years of life. My mother is disabled and has a multitude of health problems. After being released from the hospital her care was multiplied. I then had to administer her medicine 3-4 times a day, watch her blood sugar and blood pressure throughout the day, prepare multiple meals to fit her new dietary recommendations, help her bathe and attend all her follow up appointments. After months of sleepless nights and stress, school was put on the back burner. I became overwhelmed with new motherhood, taking care of my mom, working full time, going to school. I now have a handle on everything.

I am now a single mother of a 7 month old little girl. I am fully dedicated to continuing my education, not just for myself, but for my daughter as well. While I greatly appreciate the chance to attend AMU, I'm afraid I will be unable to attend unless my financial aid is granted. I’m asking that given the circumstances, that the committee give me another chance and reinstate my financial aid. 
I am serious about my future and I recognize that a degree is essential in attaining a great career. Again, thank you for taking the time to read this letter, and I assure you, if granted financial aid, my education is and will continue to be my main priority. 

Thank you,
Ambitious
New

Return to FAFSA