Hold on my student loan refund check??

Discuss Stafford, PLUS, Direct, and other federal loan products.

Moderators: Ms. Stafford, Financial Aid Guru

Hold on my student loan refund check??

Postby postit80 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:23 pm

Hello everyone. I just checked the software that my school has where you can look at your charges and
activity on your account. This is only my 2nd semester back at school after being out for a number of years and
I have a question about something. My tuition and books are paid out of my Stafford Loan. Last semester, I got a refund
for what was left over (it was not very much). I expected the same this semester, but there is some type of "hold" and it
says "No refund will be issued. Please contact the financial aid office for more information." or something like that.
I am taking enough classes and my grades are good, so I know it is not something like that. Why would this be happening?
Will what is left over be refunded back to the lender, or will it be kept in an account at the school?
Thanks in advance for your help!
postit80
New

Re: Hold on my student loan refund check??

Postby Financial Aid Guru » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:47 pm

Probably, you should check with your school's financial aid office... They will likely keep what is owed in your account to cover next semester's bills. You may have exceeded your eligibility for some of those loan funds if you dropped a class.

For Stafford loan Program details, visit: www.StaffordLoan.com
For Private Loan Program information, visit: www.PrivateStudentLoans.com

Good Luck!
Financial Aid Guru
Site Admin

Re: Hold on my student loan refund check??

Postby postit80 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:31 pm

Thanks for the reply. I checked with a co-worker of mine and she had the same thing. So
we called the FA office and it was a mistake that had happened to a bunch of people.
Everything is good!
postit80
New

Return to Federal Loans