Administratively Dropped

Financial Aid Questions and Answers : Where do I begin? Answers to your Financial Aid Questions!

Moderator: Financial Aid Guru

Administratively Dropped

Postby BWise » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:07 am

If I was accepted at a university college based on eligibility of Student loans, but the creditor will not release the funds unless the school received my transcript (from another college). The University allowed me to attend and when they cannot obtain my transcript they administratively dropped me from the shool. Am I liable for the charges? I took one online class and I just received a charged of $2340.00. I do not have the money that is why I signed up for financial aid.
BWise
New

Re: Administratively Dropped

Postby fa_blogger » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:12 am

This is a great question to ask the financial aid office at the school.

If the transcripts that they were waiting for were part of a requirement to enroll, then never receiving it would have made you ineligible for enrollment, which means you would not be responsible for charges in most cases. However, if that is not a case or your signed and enrollment contract which states that you are financial responsible, then you may be. Contact the school and they should be able to answer your questions.

I am a financial aid professional and I have started a financial aid blog as a project for a college course. Please check out the link below to read more of my insights into financial aid which you may find extremely helpful.

http://financialaidwritings.blogspot.com/
fa_blogger
New

Return to Questions and Answers