FAFSA FINANCIAL AID WARNING! HELP CONFUSED!?

Financial Aid Questions and Answers : Where do I begin? Answers to your Financial Aid Questions!

Moderator: Financial Aid Guru

FAFSA FINANCIAL AID WARNING! HELP CONFUSED!?

Postby natalie.hulett » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:49 pm

Financial Aid Warning from Fafsa!? SO confused, HELP!?
Fafsa put me on warning and I'm not a 100% sure why. I have a 3.2 gpa.
However it may be my credits..???
Last semester I was enrolled in 4 classes (13 credit hours) but I had to drop 2 because I got ill. I have no documented proof of it so it worries me :/.. BTW I made A's in both courses.
This semester I'm only taking two classes (6 credits) because my parents only want me to take a couple classes at a time because they want my GPA to rise high so I can get into medical school. My dad set up classes and told me 6 credits would be okay..but then I see the warning placed on my aid and i'm freaking out!!! I want to get into medical school and I can't do that if my aid gets suspended. I NEED the money.

Was the warning placed bc dropping 2 classes or because I need more credits?
HOW CAN I FIX THIS!? I don't want to screw up my future..
natalie.hulett
New

Re: FAFSA FINANCIAL AID WARNING! HELP CONFUSED!?

Postby Aid Whiz » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:27 am

Your best bet is to talk with your financial aid office. Without knowing why your account has a warning, there's not much else you can do.
Student Advocate, The Student Loan Network

Check out the Student Loan Network Official Blog for the latest in financial aid news and information!

Follow us on Twitter for helpful tips and tricks for financial aid!
Aid Whiz
Veteran of Financial Aid

Re: FAFSA FINANCIAL AID WARNING! HELP CONFUSED!?

Postby jason.andrews » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:20 pm

Don't panic just yet. There are lots of reasons for students to be placed on a FAFSA waiting list. They may be overwhelmed with work on their end, they may need to verify some information you gave them, they may be doing an audit on your parents, or many other things. Many times, the issue will be resolved without any negative consequences on your end. If you really want to know what is going on, then simply call the head office. They can access your account and give you the details you need. When you do this, make sure you allot yourself the time you need. You will probably be put on hold for a while and may be switched to different departments. You also need to make sure to call during their available hours.
Learn more about getting student loans with bad credit, visit bad credit student loans website.
jason.andrews
First Year

Return to Questions and Answers