Financial Aid appeal help

Financial Aid Questions and Answers : Where do I begin? Answers to your Financial Aid Questions!

Moderator: Financial Aid Guru

Financial Aid appeal help

Postby AmeerahL » Wed May 08, 2013 2:24 am

Hello, I am in the process of getting back in school, unfortunately getting my financial aid reinstated is apart of that process. I would love feedback on my first draft of my financial aid appeal letter. Thanks so much.

My name is ----------, I am writing this letter with hope that my appeal for financial aid is approved and I am given a second chance. I want to start by apologizing for taking my opportunity for granted and letting my grades slip, my education is my responsibility and I failed, however I would like to explain the circumstances. The summer of 2012, my family noticed I had become a shadow of my former self; I was losing interest in the things I cared about, had trouble sleeping, dealing with crippling sadness, and anxiety. It became hard to get out of bed in the morning, and even harder to function in my everyday life. I was struggling to maintain my education, hobbies, and relationships, but eventually I fell to pieces. With the help of medication and therapy I have found myself to be in a better emotional state and I am working hard to rebuild what I let crumble. I have dreams and goals that I cannot see through without an education, and I cannot get an education without your help. I greatly appreciate the chance to attend XXX, I'm afraid I will be unable to attend unless my financial aid is granted. I’m asking that I am given another chance and my financial aid is reinstated.
I am serious about my future and I recognize that a degree is essential in attaining a great career. Thank you for taking the time to read this letter, and I assure you, if granted financial aid, my education is and will continue to be my main priority.

Thank you,
---------------
AmeerahL
New

Re: Financial Aid appeal help

Postby edvadmin » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:57 am

It is a good request, however, they will probably want to know what steps you are going to take to get your current student loan debt back undercontrol now that you have your life back together. I would suggest that you contact the people that are holding for loans to see what you can do to get them back to a good status. Such as entering a rehabilitation payment program or possibly consolidating your loans to make things easier for you to manage when you return to school. Also lay out a plan that will show that you will not fall back into the situation that caused everything to fall apart for you. I hope this helps.

Good Luck
Admin, FinancialAidForum.com

Visit:
http://www.studentloannetwork.com
http://www.edvisors.com

Be sure to follow us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/finaidforum
edvadmin
Site Admin

Return to Questions and Answers