Financial Aid Cancelled Mid Semester

Financial Aid Questions and Answers : Where do I begin? Answers to your Financial Aid Questions!

Moderator: Financial Aid Guru

Financial Aid Cancelled Mid Semester

Postby blugirlami21 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:56 pm

I had actually did SAP successfully last semester so that my financial aid had been reinstated. So this spring they offered me student loans again and I accepted the Pell grant. At this time my other student loans had been going into default and while I thought I was doing everything right to fix that, it failed and the loans went into default anyway. I didn't know that if your student loans went into default that you were then ineligible to have loans currently. It makes sense but it was not known to me.

Anyway before I realized I had gotten student loans, I was going to take one class and pay for it myself because that's all that I can afford. But when I got the student loans for about 2600 dollars or so, I didn't want to waste the money so I went for it and took four classes using two thousand dollars of the grant. It's almost the end of the first semester now when they informed me that my financial aid has been cancelled and that I am still responsible for the two thousand dollar bill. I just don't know what I'm supposed to do here. I don't have that kind of money, if I did I wouldn't need aid in the first place. My financial aid advising at the school offered me no solutions. I have already started rehabilitating my loan but that's not going to help me in the here and now. I kind of don't understand why I owe money for classes that were originally paid for to begin with. Why can't it be no harm no foul?

What can I do? What should I do?
blugirlami21
New

Return to Questions and Answers