financial aid probation question

Financial Aid Questions and Answers : Where do I begin? Answers to your Financial Aid Questions!

Moderator: Financial Aid Guru

financial aid probation question

Postby k264899798 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:52 pm

Hi all, I have a question about financial aid probation. The problem is I am under financial probation this year, and for this quarter I got C, C-, and B which is 12 units and above 2.0 GPA. However, I got an email from my school saying that I did not meet the SAP requirement. So, is it the C- causing me can't meet the req?
k264899798
New

Re: financial aid probation question

Postby Aid Whiz » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:03 am

It's possible. Each school's SAP policy is different, so to find out more, you will need to contact your school directly.
Student Advocate, The Student Loan Network

Check out the Student Loan Network Official Blog for the latest in financial aid news and information!

Follow us on Twitter for helpful tips and tricks for financial aid!
Aid Whiz
Veteran of Financial Aid

Re: financial aid probation question

Postby Karlfarmer » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:52 pm

A 2.0 is an average and passing GPA. It's nothing to brag about, no. But speaking tongue-in-cheek: Bear in mind that none of these schools exist for humanitarian purposes- they exist to make money. If they were to constantly drop students based on their own arbitary requirements for SAP? They'd see their enrollments (profit$) plummet, since they'd have to rely upon students with the ability to pay cash. So take your case to your FA office, and keep in mind you have just got to 'play the game' from all angles if you want to receive FA.
Karlfarmer
Graduate Student of Financial Aid

Return to Questions and Answers