Financing Germany Uni for American Student

Financial Aid Questions and Answers : Where do I begin? Answers to your Financial Aid Questions!

Moderator: Financial Aid Guru

Financing Germany Uni for American Student

Postby maastersen » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:05 am

Hello People,

I plan on studying at University of Bonn this April where I have been accepted as a full-time international student pursuing a bachelors degree. Basically, I would like to know if there are any financing options (i.e. loans) through the US that I can take advantage of in my situation. Thus far, it's been very difficult to find anything that I'm eligible for on both sides of the pond (my situation is quite unique, pm for details if needed).

Thank You
maastersen
New

Re: Financing Germany Uni for American Student

Postby Aid Whiz » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:57 am

This school does not qualify for US federal financial aid - you'd have to check with private loan lenders about getting private student loans, but my guess is these aren't available for foreign schools.

Your best option is to talk to someone at the university for more information on how to fund their program. You may also want to keep an eye out for international scholarships.
Student Advocate, The Student Loan Network

Check out the Student Loan Network Official Blog for the latest in financial aid news and information!

Follow us on Twitter for helpful tips and tricks for financial aid!
Aid Whiz
Veteran of Financial Aid

Return to Questions and Answers