Getting Desperate, Need Advice

Financial Aid Questions and Answers : Where do I begin? Answers to your Financial Aid Questions!

Moderator: Financial Aid Guru

Getting Desperate, Need Advice

Postby Stsav » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:56 am

Hello!

I applied to college very late, and in turn, everything is fairly late (FAFSA processing, aid status, documents, term bill, etc) which has been a small nightmare to say the least.

My FAFSA wasn't processed until September 4th and my school's financial aid office told me that it can take 3 weeks for them to recieve the information. The problem being, my term bill (plus those dastardly late fees) are do Thursday, September 13th :oops:

My question is: If I pay the full bill with my credit card for now, when my aid is processed, will I get the full amount refunded to me which I can then use to pay off the credit card charge?

Thank you very much for your time :D
Stsav
New

Re: Getting Desperate, Need Advice

Postby Aid Whiz » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:55 am

This may work for you, but check with your financial aid office before doing this! You may not get the refund in time to make a credit card payment. I would check with you aid office to see if they have any other options for cases like this.
Student Advocate, The Student Loan Network

Check out the Student Loan Network Official Blog for the latest in financial aid news and information!

Follow us on Twitter for helpful tips and tricks for financial aid!
Aid Whiz
Veteran of Financial Aid

Return to Questions and Answers