Grad School loans for International Schools

Financial Aid Questions and Answers : Where do I begin? Answers to your Financial Aid Questions!

Moderator: Financial Aid Guru

Grad School loans for International Schools

Postby RRL8890 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:58 pm

Help!

I have been accepted to a graduate MBA program in Argentina. The school does not have a "school code" and is not affiliated with the US financial aid or loan system at all. I will be directly attending the university, and not through a host school here in the US. Are there any types of student loans for students wishing to study abroad at a university that does not have one of these "school codes?" I have looked into Direct-to-Consumer loans but they still require you to "search" for the affiliated university, and of course...mine does not show up. Any help and advice on this would be awesome. Thanks!

Ron
RRL8890
New

Re: Grad School loans for International Schools

Postby Aid Whiz » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:16 pm

I would suggest checking out InternationalStudentLoans.com. Some private lenders do offer aid to US students studying internationally, it's just a case of whether your particular school is on their list.

Additionally, I would contact your school's financial aid office. They will be able to point you towards the best resources for their school.
Student Advocate, The Student Loan Network

Check out the Student Loan Network Official Blog for the latest in financial aid news and information!

Follow us on Twitter for helpful tips and tricks for financial aid!
Aid Whiz
Veteran of Financial Aid

Postby RRL8890 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:29 pm

I have checked out some of their options. Unfortunately, they still require the school to be affiliated with the USA and to have a school code. Does anyone know of a program for educational loans even if the school doesnt have a school code for the USA? Private student loans?
RRL8890
New

Postby jason.andrews » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:43 am

I do not know one off the top of my head, but I'll bet someone at the school in Argentina does. If they run programs like this often, then I am certain you are not the first candidate in need of funding. Give their office a call or send them an e-mail and see what information they can give you.
Learn more about getting student loans with bad credit, visit bad credit student loans website.
jason.andrews
First Year

Return to Questions and Answers