Have a graduate degree, returning to get a second bachelor's

Financial Aid Questions and Answers : Where do I begin? Answers to your Financial Aid Questions!

Moderator: Financial Aid Guru

Have a graduate degree, returning to get a second bachelor's

Postby shadowstarz72 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:28 am

Hi,

I hope someone can help me.

I just received through my university's website my financial aid package, and there was no financial aid listed in my package. I already have a graduate degree, but I am switching careers and decided to go back to college for a new career.

I read somewhere that if one already has graduate loans, those loans do not count against an undergraduate aggregate amount. I read this information last year, but I cannot seem to find it anywhere now. Can someone help me out with this informatiom? My undergraduate loan amounts are a total of $27,150, about midway towards my undergraduate aggregate.

Now I may be pushing the panic button too early, because even though my application was processed and reviewed, the university may not have yet posted the award acceptance onto my account. But it was around this same time last year I received a financial aid award letter.

Any suggestions or help with information about this?
shadowstarz72
New

Re: Have a graduate degree, returning to get a second bachelor's

Postby pahern11 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:03 am

You're right, your graduate loans will not count against your undergraduate loan limit. The exact information for you loan eligibility is listed here, but it doesn't seem like you are anywhere near your loan limit.

To be honest with you, I'm not sure why your financial aid amount didn't show up. I would suggest calling your school's financial aid office directly to see if they can give you any more information.
pahern11
Senior

Return to Questions and Answers