HELP! Can I receive Financial Aid after Graduating?

Financial Aid Questions and Answers : Where do I begin? Answers to your Financial Aid Questions!

Moderator: Financial Aid Guru

HELP! Can I receive Financial Aid after Graduating?

Postby mikecuh » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:52 pm

So long story short, I graduated from UCSD in August w/ a Major in Economics & Minor in Accounting. I thought that I had enough classes to qualify for the CPA Exam. However, it turns out I need 225 quarter units and I only have 198.5 done. Therefore, I need to return to school to finish the rest of my units. I tried applying for FAFSA but I learned that I cannot receive grants because I have already graduated. I am just wondering if there's any way to receive any type of grant or do I have no choice but to pay for school on my own now? Any help is greatly appreciated!
mikecuh
New

Re: HELP! Can I receive Financial Aid after Graduating?

Postby Aid Whiz » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:54 am

Since you already have a degree, and the rest of your credits would not be technically part of a degree program, you would most likely need to pay without the help of federal aid. You may still qualify for outside grants and scholarships, but federal grants are not available for students in your situation.

I would talk to your school's financial aid office to see what they suggest.
Student Advocate, The Student Loan Network

Check out the Student Loan Network Official Blog for the latest in financial aid news and information!

Follow us on Twitter for helpful tips and tricks for financial aid!
Aid Whiz
Veteran of Financial Aid

Return to Questions and Answers