Help for single mom with 2 children

Financial Aid Questions and Answers : Where do I begin? Answers to your Financial Aid Questions!

Moderator: Financial Aid Guru

Help for single mom with 2 children

Postby melissa.d » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:54 pm

I am a single mom with two children, and I am currently enrolled in school full time. I have a dilemma, though. I need help with living expenses, as my children's father has quit paying child support. I should only need to go to school another year and a half or so, to finish what I want to do, but if I don't find some help QUICK, I am going to have to quit school to go back to working full time. Is there any help available? I asked my school about student loans, they said they don't do that. I got a check for 800 dollars after my Pell grant was used to pay my tuition and books. That sure isn't enough. There HAS to be an option out there. I asked them about student loans, they said they don't do that (?) Can anyone help me here?
melissa.d
New

Re: Help for single mom with 2 children

Postby Ms. Stafford » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:05 am

Hello, if your school doesn't process student loans then your only option would be a non school certified private loan, and those are hard to find these days. The only private loans I know of have to be sent to the school. Perhaps check with them to see if they can receive a private loan and certify it for you. if not, i would try looking into different schools that process federal student loans.
Ms. Stafford
Veteran of Financial Aid

Return to Questions and Answers