minimum amount of credit hours to receive loan

Financial Aid Questions and Answers : Where do I begin? Answers to your Financial Aid Questions!

Moderator: Financial Aid Guru

minimum amount of credit hours to receive loan

Postby ravlisrj@gmail.com » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:20 pm

I am looking forward to attending Minneapolis Community and Technical College during the summer semester. Would I be eligible for a Stafford loan if I take six credit hours (two classes) or do I need to take eight or nine credit hours?
Thank you
ravlisrj@gmail.com
New

Re: minimum amount of credit hours to receive loan

Postby Aid Whiz » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:01 am

It depends on what your school considers half-time. If a full course load is 12 credits or less, six credit hours would most likely be sufficient. However, only your school will be able to give you the final answer.
Student Advocate, The Student Loan Network

Check out the Student Loan Network Official Blog for the latest in financial aid news and information!

Follow us on Twitter for helpful tips and tricks for financial aid!
Aid Whiz
Veteran of Financial Aid

Re: minimum amount of credit hours to receive loan

Postby charliee » Fri May 10, 2013 10:27 am

It depends where you want to enroll yourself. Every school has its own rules and regulations, check that out. Remember that the amount of loan that you can take is directly tied to your cost of attendance - that's an estimate of what it will cost you to pay for your tuition, your school fees,books and other miscellaneous things associated with study.
charliee
First Year

Return to Questions and Answers