Questions galore regarding FA

Financial Aid Questions and Answers : Where do I begin? Answers to your Financial Aid Questions!

Moderator: Financial Aid Guru

Questions galore regarding FA

Postby ladams » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:38 pm

Ok, this may sound like a huge request, but here goes.

I am currently in a community college, and it isn't working out all the great for me, but I do have an interest in going to an IT school, for computer programming. I am however, on financial aid with my current school.

Does anyone happen to know of any decent schools near Richmond, Virginia, that don't require a full curriculum? But also accept financial aid, and willing to help me in getting my financial aid transferred? I am worried that if I leave this school, I will have to pay back my current loans before I can get aid at an IT school, which can't happen right now, or until I had a career, which is why I would want to get to a decent IT school. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

A bit of info on me that may be needed;

I am currently in TX, moving to VA for family reasons
I have 1 child, my girlfriend whom I live with has 2 others + ours
I don't work right now, I'm a stay at home dad
I have a 3.0 gpa as of now

In short; Am I able to transfer to an IT school in Virginia, from a Texas CC? What are some decent IT schools in Virgina for computer programming? Will I have to pay back my current loans before I can get in to IT?
ladams
New

Return to Questions and Answers