Getting the Degree I earned and paid for

Updates on the forum, administrative information, rules and restrictions.

Moderator: Financial Aid Guru

Getting the Degree I earned and paid for

Postby matthewheltz » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:30 am

I attended National Education Center, Kentucky College of Technology in 1986-1987. Two weeks before graduation I was notified that they could not finance my last quarter of school. I attended and successfully completed the entire class which would yield an Associates in Applied Science. The administration office said that they would hold my degree until I could pay the owed balance. I slowly paid it off over several years as I was making low wages during that time in my life. When I finally paid off the collection agency, I tried to contact the school, which was located at 300 High Rise Dr. in Louisville, Kentucky, only to find out that the school located there was RETS. I want my degree which I earned and do not know how to find the school to resolve my problem... Can you help?
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:13 am

Re: Getting the Degree I earned and paid for

Postby edvadmin » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:31 pm

I would try researching the school to figure out what happened to them. It may have been that the school relocated. However, regardless of what happened, the school should be required to give you your degree. See if you can find any old records of phone numbers or email addresses of any of the administration at the school, and if they can't be contacted or will not give you your degree, you should contact a lawyer.


Be sure to follow us on Twitter:
Site Admin
Posts: 192
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:51 am
Location: Las Vegas, NV

Return to Admin

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests