Non-Degree Course Post Undergrad Pre Grad

Talk about various private student loans and how they can assist you.

Moderator: Financial Aid Guru

Non-Degree Course Post Undergrad Pre Grad

Postby adedmondson » Wed May 08, 2013 3:26 pm


I'm in a strange situation. I was recently accepted into a field program at a University, but at that university I am classified as a non-degree seeking student. However, I graduated this last spring from my undergrad and am going to be a grad student at a new school this fall, but the field school runs this summer. I tried applying for a Sallie Mae loan and was approved for it, but the school the field program is through won't certify any loans for non-degree seeking students and I'm not technically a student yet in the grad program so I can't get loans via that school. However, this field school experience will help me get into a PhD program and is an incredible opportunity that will pay for itself in the end, I just can't afford to pay out of pocket. I was even given a fellowship to help with the costs!

Any suggestions?
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 3:20 pm

Re: Non-Degree Course Post Undergrad Pre Grad

Postby edvadmin » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:42 am

You may apply for a private loan to get funidng for this program. In some cases you can obtain federal student aid to get through this program. First try to get federal student aid by completing the FAFSA application and then try to get a private loan or see if you qualify for a scholarship to reduce your financial burden.

These are some of the sites that you can use to begin your search for financing for your porgram.


Be sure to follow us on Twitter:
Site Admin
Posts: 192
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:51 am
Location: Las Vegas, NV

Return to Private Loans

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest