International Medical Graduate

Student Loan Discussion Board - Ask questions about student loans and get answers from peers and financial aid experts.

Moderator: Financial Aid Guru

International Medical Graduate

Postby meghnac78 » Sat May 04, 2013 9:59 am


I am an International Medical Graduate. I graduated last year and am currently in the process of applying for residency. I recently finished taking my boards. I was wondering if there was anyway I could take a loan out for the residency and relocation process? I would need about 12 - 15 thousand for everything.

I am an US Citizen and I can get a co-signer if needed.

If someone could please direct me to the right channels, it would help out a lot.

Thank you again,

Meghna Chatterjee

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum.
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat May 04, 2013 9:54 am

Re: International Medical Graduate

Postby Aid Whiz » Mon May 06, 2013 11:51 am

Many of the private student loan lenders offer loans for medical residency. Here are a few links to get you started: ... ency-loan/ ... index.html ... pxtraloan/ ... icianLoans

Other lenders may also offer options for this, so you may want to do a little research to see if there are other options out there. Check with any state or local programs, in addition to the national lenders mentioned above.
Student Advocate, The Student Loan Network

Check out the Student Loan Network Official Blog for the latest in financial aid news and information!

Follow us on Twitter for helpful tips and tricks for financial aid!
Aid Whiz
Veteran of Financial Aid
Posts: 626
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:25 am

Return to Student Loans

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests