Loan Defferment Question (For Grad School)

Student Loan Discussion Board - Ask questions about student loans and get answers from peers and financial aid experts.

Moderator: Financial Aid Guru

Loan Defferment Question (For Grad School)

Postby mam446 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:02 pm

I am soon to be graduating with my undergraduate degree. I am going to be enrolled full time in graduate school in the fall. Can I deffer payment on my undergraduate loans while I am in grad school? Information would be great, and if you had a link to where it says that on their website or even where to actually do the deferment that would be great. Thank you
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:00 pm

Re: Loan Defferment Question (For Grad School)

Postby Aid Whiz » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:58 am

Yes, you can request an In-School Deferment through your graduate school's financial aid office, or by contacting your student loan servicer.

For more information, see: ... -deferment
Student Advocate, The Student Loan Network

Check out the Student Loan Network Official Blog for the latest in financial aid news and information!

Follow us on Twitter for helpful tips and tricks for financial aid!
Aid Whiz
Veteran of Financial Aid
Posts: 626
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:25 am

Return to Student Loans

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest