Student loan payouts

Student Loan Discussion Board - Ask questions about student loans and get answers from peers and financial aid experts.

Moderator: Financial Aid Guru

Student loan payouts

Postby msj378 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:31 pm

I attend the community college in my area where the academic calendar is split into 3 semesters. Fall, spring, and summer. I take out loans to help cover my expenses so I understand how they split your award money equally between semesters (fall and spring). However, for some reason, this time they split the money 3 ways (this has never happened), which now includes the summer semester. I don't plan on taking any classes this summer so my question is, what happens to those remaining funds? Also, this is not pell grant money, this is direct loan money that I applied for and accepted this past fall semester. I have also been full time (12+ credits) both semesters. I'm just wondering what will happen to that money especially since it should have spanned 2 semesters not 3.
Thank you to anyone with any advice in the matter. Just thought I'd do some research before I go to financial aid. It's always a long line......not to mention they're not the nicest people to deal with.
msj378
New

Re: Student loan payouts

Postby marktaylor » Wed May 08, 2013 11:41 pm

I think you need to talk with other student who is facing the same problem and don’t want to take any classes in summer same as you. Sometime these types of problem happen. If you really want to know what happens to those remaining funds then talk to your College principal regarding this topic.

As you have written they are not the nicest people to deal with. Then what will you do? Make some group of student having the same problem then try to solve out this problem.
marktaylor
New

Postby Treveor817 » Mon May 13, 2013 12:41 am

Hello, I known some of the colleges who provide loans for education it will be good if you mention in which area you want to go for.
Treveor817
New

Postby caileyberry » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:45 pm

Uggh. No other post yet? :cry: What's your take about those many students in for-profit career training programs who are failing to pay off their school loans? I've heard this from the Education Department. It has put a few of these establishments on notice: get those numbers down or lose individuals using federal aid.
caileyberry
New

Return to Student Loans