Teacher Loan Forgiveness

Student Loan Discussion Board - Ask questions about student loans and get answers from peers and financial aid experts.

Moderator: Financial Aid Guru

Teacher Loan Forgiveness

Postby jenlove09 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:18 am

Next year I will be eligable for the teacher loan forgiveness....

I was under the assumption that middle school was considered a secondary school. I teach 8th grade science in a low income school.

I resently was told that I would not be eligable for the 17,500 because this was only for high school math, science, and special education teachers. The application has only 2 options which are elementary and secondary.

Basically I have researched this but have had no luck in finding out if for this teacher loan forgiveness a middle school is considered elementary or secondary (the only two options)

Also, if anyone knows who I can contact about this to get this cleared up that would be greatly apprecaited :?:
jenlove09
New

Re: Teacher Loan Forgiveness

Postby Aid Whiz » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:40 pm

I suggest calling the Department of Education directly. They run the Teacher Loan Forgiveness program and should be able to answer that for you. Their number is 1-800-433-3243.
Student Advocate, The Student Loan Network

Check out the Student Loan Network Official Blog for the latest in financial aid news and information!

Follow us on Twitter for helpful tips and tricks for financial aid!
Aid Whiz
Veteran of Financial Aid

Teacher Loan Forgiveness

Postby oddy1113 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:42 am

The purpose of the Teacher Loan Forgiveness Program is to encourage individuals to enter and continue in the teaching profession.The AFT does not sponsor our own loan forgiveness program but our AFT Teachers division has compiled a list of resources for federal and state loan .
oddy1113
New

Return to Student Loans